Benefits of Vitamin D
A fat-soluble vitamin, stored in the liver and fatty tissues.
– Contributes to normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
– Contributes to normal blood calcium levels
– Contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth
– Contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function
– Contributes to the normal function of the immune system
– Plays a role in the process of cell division
– Needed for normal growth and development of bone in children.
Our Vitamin D Booster Shot contains the active ingredient ergocalciferol which is a form of vitamin D. It belongs to a group of medicines called vitamin D and analogues. Ergocalciferol increases levels of calcium and phosphate in the blood by increasing their absorption from the gut and reducing the amount removed by the kidneys.
Ergocalciferol is used to treat:
- Low levels of phosphate in the blood
- Weak bones and teeth (called ‘Rickets’)
- Other problems with how bones are formed.
These disorders are due to poor absorption of vitamin D within the body usually caused by diseases of the gut, liver or gall bladder.