Dale Pinnock’s Spinach And Sweet Potato Curry
Dale Pinnock has kindly given us his Sweet Potato Curry recipe to share with you. We love this curry because it’s low in calories and high in goodness! It contains Vitamin A, Fibre and Potassium in the sweet potato, and the spinach gives us a helping of calcium, magnesium and potassium. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 green chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 heaped teaspoon turmeric
- 800 g (1¾ lb) sweet potato, diced with skins left on
- 375 ml (13 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 150 g (5 oz) spinach, coarsely chopped
- Large handful of fresh coriander leaves, coarsely torn
- 1 tablespoon toasted flaked almonds
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic, ginger, and chilli.
- When the onion has softened, add all the spices and heat until they are becoming fragrant.
- Add the sweet potato and stock and simmer for about 15–20 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
- At this point add the spinach.
- Once the spinach has wilted, the curry is ready to serve with coriander leaves, topped with flaked almonds.
Check out more of Dale Pinnock’s healthy recipes: https://www.themedicinalchef.co.uk/recipes/
Follow Dale on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/themedicinalchef/
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from Dale Pinnock.